It’s time for another Weekend at the Museum event at Glenbow! These family-friendly weekends happen three times a year. The exhibition floors are filled with programs and events inspired by the varied art exhibitions on display; it’s all specifically geared towards families.
In June, Glenbow will be celebrating National Aboriginal Day with Blackfoot Beading workshops, First Nations gallery tours and animated Aboriginal films from the National Film Board of Canada. In addition, the weekend offers you the opportunity to:
- Learn how to create your own Blackfoot Beadwork designs.
- Take in the artworks in Hooked: Fish, Water and Angling in Art, and try your hand at drawing a fish of your own.
- Be inspired by the incredible paintings in Mythmaking: The Art of John Brocke, and experiment with pixilation and pointillism to create your own collaged artwork.
- See the political caricatures in From Our Collection: Political Satire in Alberta exhibit, then have your own caricature drawn!
- Put on your exploration cap and follow the clues in the latest version of the museum’s art scavenger hunt.
And, if you haven’t checked out Glenbow in a while, this is a great opportunity to see what’s new with this ever-evolving Calgary institution. Last year, Glenbow announced a fresh mandate to provide visitors with a new kind of art museum experience. The goal is to help more people experience art and culture more often, and this event is a perfect way to involve your family in that initiative.
Admission to Weekend at the Museum is free for Glenbow members or $40 for Family Admission, which includes two adults and up to four youth. All activities, workshops and supplies are included with admission or membership. This would be a great way to spend some time with Dad on Father’s Day weekend!
Weekend at the Museum Event Details:
When: June 20-21, 2015
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
Address: 130 – 9 Avenue SE, Calgary AB
Phone: (403) 268-4100
LOVE hearing about things happening in your area? Sign up HERE to get MORE info about news, events and attractions delivered to your inbox, it’s FREE!
Although we do our best to provide you with accurate information, all event details are subject to change. Please contact the facility to avoid disappointment.